I will list here different problems and their resolutions when we are trying to deploy sandbox solutions. That might help me quickly resolve these in future.
Problem 1: Error occurred in deployment step ‘Retract Solution’: Cannot start service SPUserCodeV4
I was working on a project which involved creating a simple Webpart and must be tested in sandbox environment, I tried to deploy it after some initial working, I got that message on deployment.
Where did that service is, I looked around and found that I need to start that service in Central Administration, as outlined below.
- Open Central Administration
- Click on “System Settings”
- Then click on “Manage services on this server”
- A list of services will be displayed, some of them will be stopped
- Look for “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Sandboxed Code Service”
- Click on “start” on the last column, your services will be started shortly.
Now go back to your solution and try re-deploying.